To help ensure a rewarding online experience for our users, and for the parts of our users who are children, we provide you with this summary of our information practices.
As we continue to offer our users new and different types of content and services, we may modify our practices from time to time. However, we will treat all personal information we collect in accordance with the privacy notice in effect at the time the information is collected.
1. The Information We Collect: We only collect information on users 12 years or younger from their parents, and only to enhance the MyFear Zapper experience. Parents have the option to refuse collection of any data. Any data provided to us is used ONLY to personalize the child’s account and to evaluate the success of the program. Personal information is NEVER shared with any individual or organization outside of Empowering Innovations LLC.
MyFear Zapper requires activation by a parent, and confirmation through a parent’s email in order to activate an account. We will not ask your child for his/her email address at any time.
When visitors come to our site, we automatically collect some non-personally identifiable “computer” information, such as the type of computer operating system (e.g., Windows XP or Mac OS), the user’s “IP Address,” the web browser (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer) being used, and information regarding the Internet service provider.
2. How We Use the Information: Any personal information you as a parent voluntarily provide on your child is used only to: 1) personalize the MyFear Zapper experience to help enhance the success of the program for your child; and 2) track success rates by generic factors (gender, age, type of fear) so we may continue to develop new, improved approaches, games and products for our users.
We do provide a section where children may post about their experience with MyFear Zapper, but we ask that children do NOT post their last names or locations. They may post their first name or initials (e.g., Scott or SC or Scott C.).
We will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or subpoena.
We will not use or transfer personally identifiable information in ways that are materially different from the ones described above without also providing parental notification of such practices and obtaining consent for any materially different uses.
3. Collection of Information for Third-Party Sites and Sponsors: Because MyFear Zapper is dedicated to helping your child develop the self-confidence needed to overcome fear now and in the future, we feel it is appropriate to allow limited corporate sponsorship on our website. Any sponsors are limited to corporations who share our core values. We do only allow sponsorships to corporations that are aligned with our own values, and who we feel offer something valuable to children. We will seek sponsorships from companies or products that foster self-confidence, creativity, education, or wholesome entertainment. We will not sell sponsorships to fast food, soft drink, candy companies, questionable entertainment properties, or games/toys we feel are inappropriate.
4. Cookies: MyFear Zapper uses a software technology called “cookies.” Cookies are small text files that we place in a visitor’s computer browser to store their preferences. Cookies themselves do not contain any personally identifiable information. Although cookies could enable us to relate a visitor’s use of this website to personal information a visitor has provided, such as an email address, we do not use them for this purpose. We do use “cookies” to determine how many visitors we have and how often they visit various sections of our site.
5. Security: We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use the information we collect online.
6. Financial Information: If you decide to purchase a membership for your child, additional information will be required at the time of purchase. That information is not stored by MyFear Zapper and is only stored by our financial institution for the purpose of processing payments made to MyFear Zapper. That information is safeguarded with extremely high, bank-level security and it will never by used for any other purposes.
7. Parental Review of Information: Parents, please send a letter or postcard to our Privacy Manager at the mailing address provided below if you would like to do any of the following:
* Access the personally identifiable information MyFear Zapper has collected online from your child, correct factual errors in such information request to have this information deleted, or request that we no longer collect or maintain such information.
Please be sure to include your email address and a telephone number where we can reach you. To protect your child’s privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting you access to the personal information we collect and maintain about your child.
9. A Final Note to Parents: The Internet offers a world of opportunity for children. Your guidance and involvement are essential to help ensure children have a safe and rewarding online experience. We encourage you to visit the SafeKids.com site and look through the “kids Rules” section together. Your efforts to instill responsible information practices will help steer your children to age-appropriate sites and will go a long way toward ensuring your children have enriching experiences online.
Please address all privacy inquiries to:
Info@myfearzapper.com, attn Privacy